Friday 25 October 2013

Post-Drinking

I will probably never drink again.

So I met up with a close friend of mine, and we went shopping at Kroger. He suddenly suggested to buy beer and drink together as we share about our lives. Since I'm already of age, I casually agreed. But I have never liked to drink since I was young. I tried a few types of beer and wine before, and I always regretted drinking afterwards. I thought things might change as time passes. Turned out I was wrong.

Initially we wanted to buy a bottle of red wine because I told him I always added the red wine in Sprite when I was young and it tasted really good. But in the end we decided to buy some apple-flavored drink with just 5% alcohol in it since we need to go to Morning Prayer the next morning. Guess what? My face was red and my head ached after drinking not even half of the bottle. He looked at me with his mouth opened and eventually just laughed. At that moment, what I could think of was just, "I shouldn't have drunk this."

I never thought a little bottle of apple-flavored drink could affect me that much. Maybe there is just something bothering my mind right now. To be honest, I did a really stupid thing lately. And I feel really dumb whenever I think about it. Sigh. When will I ever learn.

Anyway, God's grace is enough. But I will probably never drink again.

p.s. waking up in the middle of the night, and I'm just sitting here not knowing what to do.

1 comment: