Tuesday 15 March 2011

Of Sun, Clouds and God


And so I reached Sibu. The instant I stepped onto this piece of memory-evoking land, I looked up and breathed in the beauty of the sky of my hometown. I was mesmerized His creations. So great, and so beautiful. Promised myself to take a picture of the sky every single day. And I kept the promise. Every day, the sky is so different. I mean, the clouds. And just now as my mum asked me to drink a big mug of green bean sup, I took a chair and sat by the balcony. I stared at the sky for 10 minutes, taking in all the details, how the clouds changed shapes, how the birds flew, and etc. Then I realized, the sun was shaded by some dark clouds. It was about to rained, I thought. The wind was blowing strongly against my face. Such a nice feeling to experience. Then out of a sudden I felt a sense of warm, and I looked up to find myself under the full glare of the burning sun. The clouds had been blown away. I was amazed by the unexpected change, and it suddenly struck me how similar this is compared to our lives. I mean, there are times in our life, when we are really, really down. And we sulk and think, why is everybody's life better than mine? Why, why is God so unfair to me? But think of it this way. And try to recall. Every time when we are down, don't we manage to pull it through? Every time when we are helpless, aren't there friends and family members to support us? We should never ever give up, no matter what happens, because there are always people who will stand by us. There are always people who will back us up. And above all, there is a God who knows what is best for us. He leads, and He never fails. He moves away our burdens, just like how He moves away the clouds from the sun. And He warms us, like how the sun warmed me. I give thanks, because I have my faith in a great, great God, a God who never, ever let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment